Thursday, March 22, 2018

Inspired By Book Covers



I recently bought a couple of books to give to my youngest grandson, Tristan, who will be turning 1 year old in a few weeks.  Each of these books feature black & white artwork, with only one accent color.  I love these bold, bright images and felt inspired to come up with a way to re-create that look on a card.  This is what I came up with:

(Note:  This is not the card I will be sending Tristan!  I just wanted to re-create the style.)

Here is the other book that Tristan will be getting.  


And here's the card that I made:

These cards were easy to make using the Petal Passion designer series paper (that I've also shown here, here, here, and here).  It is so easy to work with black & white paper, and I consider it a "staple item" in my crafting supplies.  

Here is a look at all of the papers that make up the collection:
Image result for stampin up petal passion dsp

For the colored elements on these cards, I found that die-cut images had the solid look that I needed to stand out on these cards.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #33 - Find inspiration in the objects around you.  Find ways of re-creating the style on a card!


If you need any supplies or have questions, I would be happy to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment