Thursday, February 15, 2018

Remembering Aunt Dot


My husband and I made a short trip to Pennsylvania last month to attend the funeral of my Aunt Dot.  (I have written about her before on my blog; click here.)  It was such a short trip, but so special that I wanted to create a scrapbook page about it.


SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #29 - Document the events you attend by pairing photos and the program or other memorabilia.



I saved the program of her funeral and used it on this page.  The cover page of the program shows the beautiful stained glass from her church, where the funeral was held.  I took a photo of the inside of the program and used that on the bottom part of the page.  The little picture of her on my title block was also from the program.  I love the fact that my Aunt Dot planned the songs and scriptures herself a few years ago.  And I also love having these photos of her on this page!




This side of the page shows my dear Uncle Bob and my cousins, Linda & Mary.  As we were growing up, they always lived in Pennsylvania & I always lived in Tennessee.  We only saw each other once a year and now that we are adults, we don't see each that often.  But we share some wonderful memories and spending the short amount of time with them on this trip helped to strengthen that family bond!

The photo below is a close-up shot of my journaling block.



This page came together very quickly, using small pieces of paper cut from the Petal Palette designer series paper.
Image result for petal passion dsp stampin up

I've been using this a lot lately, mostly for cards, and I like how casual, yet elegant this paper looks.  For a fun little touch, I used the dotted paper, as an ode to Aunt Dot.  Polka dots have a bright & cheerful look, which matches Aunt Dot's personality. 




This is how the page originally looked, but I felt that it was lacking something, but I wasn't sure what.  





Do you see what I added?  As I was looking at the page, I noticed tiny bits of red in the stained glass window, in the photos of Aunt Dot, & in Mary's sweatshirt. So I added some red ribbon & that was the perfect finishing touch. 

The reason I make scrapbook pages is to have an easy and tangible way to remember the blessings that God has given me.  What are the ways that God has blessed you?  I hope you feel inspired to put photos of those blessings into a scrapbook!

2 comments:

  1. Tammie, what a beautiful page you created about mom. Her service was beautiful. I'm so glad you and Pete were there to be a part of our grieving and celebration of a wonderful and sweet God filled lady. Love you! Your cousin Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Honestly, her funeral service was one of the best I've been to! It was a joy to spend time with people who loved her.

      Delete