Thursday, February 22, 2018

Cards For March


For my cards to use during the month of March, I made an assortment of cards, all featuring the same supplies, and using an easy water-coloring technique.  
What you see in the photo above is what happens when you squeeze a closed Stampin' Up ink pad.  You end up with a nice spot of ink on the inside of the top.  Then, if you use an Aqua Painter to add a bit of water, you get a little puddle of watercolor. 

For my March cards, I simply brushed the color over the sentiments that I had stamped in black ink.  I think this technique works especially well with fonts that are big and bold.                                                                                  
               
Lots of Love stamp set, Annual Catalog page 87

The "hello" stamp is retired from Stampin' Up.  The scripture stamp is from Our Daily Bread.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #30 - Paint a wash of color over words that are stamped in black ink.


You may recognize the black & white background paper . . . it is the same paper I've used for several cards & scrapbook pages over the past several weeks.  I liked pairing it up with the green color in these cards . . . it gives just a little hint of the promise of spring!

Image result for petal passion dsp stampin up

Petal Passion designer series paper, Occasions Catalog page 23

The Aqua Painters are available from Stampin' Up in a set of two brushes (one medium brush tip and one large brush tip) for $17.  I've been using the same brushes for over fifteen years, so it seems that money was well-spent!

Let me know if I can answer any questions about this technique, supplies, ordering, or anything stamping-related!




No comments:

Post a Comment