Thursday, March 1, 2018

Oregon Scrapbook Pages


Pete & I recently returned from a trip out to Oregon, where we visited our son and his family.  Sometimes we think it would be nice if we lived closer to each other, but one good thing about it is that it gives us an opportunity to spend time in such a BEAUTIFUL PLACE!  

Being surrounded by both gorgeous scenery and grandchildren, we naturally took lots of photos!  Near the end of our visit, I was browsing through the photos we had taken & started planning my scrapbook pages.  I realized that the Naturally Eclectic paper from Stampin' Up would look great with my photos.  
Image result for naturally eclectic designer series paper
I knew the blue & green would go nicely with the beach & aquarium photos.  And the pinkish purple would match a lot of my grandaughters' clothes!   And besides, all of the sheets have sort of a water-colored look to them, which goes perfectly with the typical rainy weather of the Pacific Northwest.

However, this was paper that I did not have, so I went ahead and ordered it online.  It arrived on my doorstep a couple of days after we got home, and by then I had printed my photos.  I was all set to create some pages!












The pages came together pretty quickly.  I used several tips that I have shared here before in previous blog-posts:  


SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #3 - Look for elements (colors, accents, patterns, etc) in your photos that you can repeat on your page.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #7 - Stamp directly onto patterned paper.



SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #10 - Print some of your photos as "wallet sizes" in order to fit more photos on a page.



SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #15 - Cut images out of patterned paper to use as embellishments.



SIMPLE STAMPING TIP # 28 - Invest in a set of heart rubber stamps to use on a variety of cards & other projects.



Image result for heart happiness stampin up
Heart Happiness stamp set, Occasions Catalog, p 20

So, this latest trip is literally "in the books"!  It is so nice to be able to look at these pages; not only to remember what a great time we had, but also to reflect on the blessings of family and the beauty of God's creation.












No comments:

Post a Comment