Thursday, March 8, 2018

Hello Spring & Happy Easter Cards


As I am writing this, there is a fresh layer of snow on the ground here in Michigan.  But I find it encouraging to know that spring is on it's way!  

A few days ago, I sat down at my craft table with the Hello Easter stamp set, which is in Stampin' Up's  Occasions catalog.  These are the designs that I came up with . . . 


I personally think that this is one of the cutest cards I've ever created!  I love everything about it . . . the wood background, the lace doily, the brown bunny with a tiny bow, the soft blue card base, and the little bit of green. 




I made this card using the exact design as the first card, minus the paper doily.  Somehow it has a slightly dressier look, even without the lace.  I thought that this paper from the Delightful Daisy collection had a nice springtime feel to it.  

In the two cards above, I used this tip:

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #31 --- Tie a length of solid baker's twine around the neck of a stamped or punched animal.


See there . . . that little bow adds such a charming touch!  And solid baker's twine is perfect for making teeny, tiny bows.  It is available from Stampin' Up in 5 different colors.  One spool of 25 yards is $3.00.  A very inexpensive way to dress up any card! 


Here are a couple of other cards I made: 



I love chocolate eggs at Easter, don't you?!  I chose brighter colors for the flowers on this card.



  This green background paper is also from the Delightful Daisy collection.  I really like the purple & green color combination.  Purple is not a color that I use very often, but for some reason I associate purple with Easter.  Maybe because of this classic book from my childhood . . .

Image result for the golden egg book

  

Here is a look at all of the stamps from the Hello Easter set:
 Image result for hello easter stampin up

I like that this set is not limited to just Easter; with the flowers, the bunny, and the "Hello Spring", it can be used throughout the spring season.

I hope this has brought a little touch of spring into your day, regardless of the weather where you live.  And remember  that Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend . . . spring forward!



1 comment:

  1. These are the prettiest Easter cards I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete