Thursday, February 1, 2018

Two Little Bears

 For today's card, I am using "Baby Bear", one of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up's Annual Catalog.  The teddy bear image is stamped using three different images, each one adding a layer of fur.  This is what gives it that realistic look.
Image result for baby bear stampin up
As you can see from the sentiments that are included in this set, it can be used for many occasions.  I stamped the card above with no one particular in mind; I just wanted to have a card ready to send to the next person I hear about who could use a hug!

I changed up the colors for the card below, and I might use it as a Valentine card.


For both of these cards I used the Quilt Top embossing folder, to carry out the "cozy/comfort" theme.  This was an item from the Holiday Catalog, which has expired.  But this is one of the products that is still available.  Embossing folders are a very quick & easy way of adding a nice textured background.  

The tip that I am sharing today is one that you are probably already doing, if you are a paper-crafter.  

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #28 - "Fussy-cut" stamped images and mount on your card, to use as the focal point.

So, did you know the term for that is "fussy-cutting"?  I first heard someone say it just a few years ago, although I'd been doing it for years, and it struck me as funny!  I would probably refer to it as "precision-cutting".  Anyway, images don't always have to be stamped directly on to the front of the card.  Sometimes you may want to make a bigger impact by fussy-cutting them and then you could make them stand out even more by using dimensional dots, which is what I did on these cards. 

If you have questions about these cards or would like to order any stamping supplies, you can email me at godismydelight@yahoo.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment