Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Mollie's Birthday Outing


For our oldest grandaughter's 9th birthday, Pete & I took her to visit the Underground Railroad Living Museum at the First Congregational Church in Detroit.  She had learned about slavery & the Civil War in her homeschool studies this past school year.  All three of us enjoyed this interesting and educational experience!

We arrived early and were given a tour of this beautiful, historic church.  We took many photos in an attempt to capture the many amazing architectural details.  However, the Underground Railroad experience was located in the basement and no photography was allowed.

For my scrapbook page . . . 
  •  I cut out a couple of things from the brochure that I had saved. (See Tip #29)

  • I added strips of some old paper from Stampin' Up that I thought complimented the photos. (See Tip #24)

  • I noticed that lanterns were an image that was used prominently in the brochure and displays, so I used a couple of lantern rubber stamps to use as accents.  (See Tip #3) 
  • I lightly sponged brown ink around the edges of my journaling blocks, to further the "time-worn" look.  (See Tip #35)





If you are visiting any historical sights this summer (or anytime), perhaps these tips can be useful to you as you are creating your scrapbook pages.

For any questions or information about ordering Stampin' Up projects, you can email me at godismydelight@yahoo.com.










No comments:

Post a Comment