Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas 2017 Scrapbook Page


This is the scrapbook page that I created with a few photos from our Christmas.  All of my scrapbook pages are very simple, but this one may be the most simple one yet!  

I always begin my scrapbooking process the same way . . . by laying out all of my photos.  What I noticed was that there were a lot of patterns in the photos (in mine & DeDe's sweaters, in the rug, etc).  So I knew then that any embellishments would need to be "quiet", so they wouldn't compete with the photos.  As I looked though my Christmas-themed patterned paper, the one that I thought would work best was this simple black/white paper from the Merry Little Christmas collection.  Then it seemed natural to use black cardstock as my background.  My photos took up most of the room, so the only other element I used was the journaling tag.  At first, I was just going to have a block of white cardstock for the journaling, but then I thought that cutting off the top corners to make it look like a tag, would give it more of a Christmas look.  The red tinsel trim added a festive touch.  And that's it!  I am pleased with how it turned out.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #24 - Use narrow strips of patterned paper to border your scrapbook pages. 

As you can see, scrapbooking doesn't have to be time-consuming or expensive.  I hope that as we begin the new year, that you will feel inspired to put some photos into a scrapbook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment