Thursday, December 28, 2017

Teddy Bears For Evie



We celebrated the 2nd birthday of our youngest grandaughter, Evie, last Thursday night.  As you can tell, she was excited!  When we arrived, she started jumping up and down.  She smiled, sang, and danced all evening.  The best part was watching her face as she opened each gift!


My gift to her was a cute little teddy bear family from Calico Critters and also a board book called Little Fur Family.  I used the Baby Bear stamp set to embellish the gift bag.


The set includes 3 teddy bear images that are made to layer on top of each other.  This creates a very realistic-looking teddy bear!  This was my first time to use this set & I am pleased with the way it turned out.

Image result for Baby Bear stampin up
I am looking forward to making more teddy bear cards, which I think will be suitable for several occasions - birthday, Valentines day, thinking-of-you, get well, or just a card to send someone who needs a little comfort.

I made the background of my tag using the Quilt Top embossing folder.  It is from the Holiday Catalog, but it is one of the few items that is being carried over and will still be available for awhile.  This is a quick way to add texture to a project, and the quilt pairs perfectly with the teddy bear.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #23 - Use stamps and accessories to make tags to tie onto gift bags.

Thanks for taking a look at this week's blogpost.  I enjoy sharing tips here each Thursday, that hopefully inspire you or give you some new ideas.  The new year will be here soon, bringing many more occasions to celebrate and commemorate.  Stampin' Up has many products to make it easy to do just that; let me know if there is anything you would like to order!


No comments:

Post a Comment