Thursday, December 14, 2017

Childhood Christmas Scrapbook Page



Christmas can be a very nostalgic time, can't it?  Each year as I get out my Christmas decorations and hear Christmas songs, I can't help but remember the Christmases from my childhood.  I have only a FEW photos, but a LOT of memories.  So I put the the photos & memories together and came up with this page for my childhood scrapbook.










Even though I don't have many Christmas photos that were taken during my childhood, I do have several items from that time.  So I grouped those items together and photographed them for my scrapbook page.  I found the catalog image by googling "1970's Sears Wishbooks".  I looked on you-tube for the pictures of the record albums (and also enjoyed listening to some of the songs!).  What a fun trip down "Memory Lane"!

This is the cover of my scrapbook:

 I only occasionally work on this scrapbook.  Usually whenever I'm feeling especially nostalgic.  I have used various things from the cover as decorative elements on each page, such as the denim paper, buttons, lace, and the colors.  To give the book a cohesive, consistant look, I have used the same cardstock for my background pages, I have made all of my title blocks basically the same & all of my journaling is done on strips.  You can see how I incorporated all of this on a few other pages: 





SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #22:  Create a meaningful keepsake scrapbook by gathering photos from your childhood, sorting them into categories, and pairing them with your memories. 

Do you have many photos from your childhood?  Have you put them into an album?  If you would like to begin, and need any help or supplies to get you started, let me hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment