Thursday, April 12, 2018

Spring Colors


Here in Michigan, we don't have many trees or flowers blooming yet.  But at least we can dream about spring and the beauty that we will soon be enjoying!

Today I am sharing a spring card that I recently made, using the Colorful Seasons set from Stampin Up.  This is definitely a stamp set that can be used throughout the year.  And these are great sentiments as well! 
Image result for colorful seasons stampin up

Here is a card that I made for autumn with this set, and here is a winter card.  I already know that I will be using that chair stamp for a summer card!

But back to my spring card . . .
I want to share with you a fun tip that worked beautifully on this card.  If you look closely, you will see a bit of blue behind the flowers.  This was quick & easy to do, using a sponge.

There is another place where I sponged on some ink, but it isn't as obvious as the blue.  Do you see the green ribbon?  That ribbon started out as white, but I quickly changed it to green!

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #35 - Use a sponge to add subtle touches of color.

Stampin' Up sells sponges in a pack of 3 for $3.50.  I like to cut these sponges into wedges to use for each color.  One pack of sponges can last you forever!
Image result for stamping sponges stampin up
You can send me an email (godismydelight@yahoo.com) or leave a comment if you have any questions.  Thanks for stopping here today!



No comments:

Post a Comment