Thursday, September 21, 2017

A "Painted Autumn" Card For October


What is the weather like where you live?  Tomorrow is the first day of autumn, and the forecast where we live in Michigan is for temperatures close to 90 degrees!  Strangely enough, we only had one or two days this summer that reached 90 degrees!  I'm not complaining, though.  Cooler weather will be here soon enough, so I will enjoy the warm temperatures while I can.

While I am sweating perspiring, though, in these last days of summer, I am looking ahead to autumn and have been stamping my "cards of the month" for October, using the Painted Autumn paper, that is in Stampin' Up's new Holiday Catalog.  Here is a look at the entire collection:
Image result for painted autumn stampin up

I really like the variety of designs in this paper.  Some of them are clearly meant for autumn, but others of them could be used year-round.  I have several other projects (both cards & scrapbook pages)  already in mind to use with this paper.

I chose the sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set (from the Annual Catalog).  This is one of the most versatile stamp sets from Stampin' Up!  It includes images for all four seasons, plus the sentiments can be used for any occasion.

Image result for colorful seasons stampin up
I added a bit of linen thread around the top of the banner to give it a final touch of fall.  I have made 8 of these cards to have on hand to send out to various people next month.  This is a tip that I use over & over again and share on my blog each month.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #2 --- Stamp a stack of cards each month to have ready to send.


If you would like to send some autumn greetings to people you know, you can order what you need by following the directions under the "Shop Now" button in the sidebar.  Or, I can order for you . . . just contact me via email (godismydelight@yahoo.com).  

I wish all of you a beautiful autumn season!


No comments:

Post a Comment