Thursday, September 14, 2017

Cat Lover's Card


I made this card for my granddaughter, DeDe.  She and I share a love for cats.  She finally got a kitten on her birthday a few months ago, after wanting one for a very long time. 



I have been without a cat for about a year (long & sad story), but I know that eventually we will welcome a new kitty into our home, whenever the time feels right.


I stamped the card above using one of my favorite new items in the new Holiday Catalog from Stampin' Up, which is this fabulous cat punch!
Cat Punch
It is part of a suite of Halloween products, but certainly is not limited to Halloween stamping!  If you love cats like DeDe & me, or if you know people who do, you NEED this punch!  

I chose the words on my card from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set.  All of these words make it easy to create a customized sentiment.
Image result for thoughtful banners stampin up

Here is a similar card I made with this punch.

The bow on the cat's neck is tied from a piece of Crushed Curry Solid Baker's twine.  Lately I've been obsessed with gluing tiny bows on my cards!  (See last week's post.)

Both of these cards use the following tip:

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #13:  Adhere a punched image to a large piece of patterned paper.  Add greeting.

This tip would work with any punch and any paper.  This is a fast way to make a cute card.  There is a large variety of both punches and paper in our catalogs, which you can browse by clicking on the catalog images in the right sidebar.  If you have any questions, email me at godismydelight@yahoo.com.  I will see you here again next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment