Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lots Of Love Card


This is a "fancier" card than I usually make, but it was still fairly simple.  I think this is a nice card to use for Mother's Day (coming up on May 13) or as a birthday card for someone special.  I have 3 tips to share with you today . . . 2 old ones and 1 new one.  First the new one . . . 


SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #36 - Use patterned paper to dress up your envelope.

This only took a couple of minutes to do, but I think it makes it look extra-special.  Simply cut a strip of paper that will cover the flap.  Adhere the paper strip to the flap of the envelope (I use Stampin' Up's Multipurpose Liquid Glue) and then trim the excess paper.  

Then, the next tip I used . . .

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #1 - Copy a design from our catalog.  Modify, if needed to fit your own style or the supplies that you have on hand.


So there's the card that I copied; do you see it?  I modified it by using layers of black & green cardstock as the base, but I totally copied the placement of those little flowers and leaves.  I also added a length of black shimmer ribbon at the top, instead of the embellishment that is shown in the catalog.

Then, one final tip . . .

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #33 - Find inspiration in the objects around you.  Find ways of re-creating the style on a card!


Have you seen these postage stamps?  They came out a few months ago.  As soon as I saw them, they reminded me of the Lots of Love stamp set.  (It makes me wonder if Stampin' Up & the US postal service coordinated on this!)

Image result for lots of love stampin up

This has been one of my favorite stamp sets from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog.  Unfortunately, it is being "retired" and will no longer be available after May 31, 2018.  The coordinating paper, Whole Lot of Lovely (that I used on the envelope) has already sold out.  If you are interested in seeing a list of the other retiring products, you can click here.  

I have already had a sneak peek at the new catalog, which will be released on June 1.  There are so many fabulous new products!  If you would like to have a free copy of the catalog, let me know & I will be glad to put one in mail to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment