Thursday, October 5, 2017

You Make Me Smile Card



It's that time of year, for all things PUMPKIN!  I couldn't resist putting this "smile" sentiment together with the jack o'lanterns!  

I used the Spooky Night designer series paper for both of these cards.  The images are simple and classic.  Some of them are specific to Halloween, and others could be used any time.


Image result for spooky night designer series paper


I cut out the jack o'lanterns from one of the sheets of paper, which is my "simple stamping tip" for this week.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #15 - Cut images out of patterned paper to use as embellishments on your cards.

Once I had them cut out and arranged on my card, I adhered them using dimensional dots to lift them up off of the paper, giving a nice 3-D effect.




I used a couple of things to make this card a bit more special.  One is the black shimmer ribbon.  It has just a touch of sparkle to it!  The other thing I did was use a glitter paint brush.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up at all in the photo.  But I brushed it over the smiles of the jack o'lanterns and also I traced over the letters in "smile".  It's just a subtle bit of glitter, and best of all - NO MESS!  I usually stay away from glitter because of the way it goes everywhere.  But there is no mess at all with the glitter marker.  It goes on & it stays on!

The "you make me smile" is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. This is a great set to have, just for the sentiments!
Image result for colorful seasons stamp set

All of these items are available to purchase from Stampin' Up.  Links and instructions for ordering are along the right sidebar.  Or feel free to contact me at godismydelight@yahoo.com.  Thanks for stopping by here today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment