Thursday, October 19, 2017

Autumn Scrapbook Pages


Pete & I spent Columbus Day at the Creation Museum, just south of Cincinnati Ohio.  We had looked forward to this trip with great anticipation and we were not disappointed!

I made two scrapbook spreads of our day there; one for the outside shots and one for the inside.  The Painted Autumn designer series paper from Stampin' Up was perfect to use on all of the pages.


Image result for painted autumn designer series paper
  

I got a little creative with the title/journaling block.  When I am trying to think of ideas for interesting "decorations" for a page,  I always try to find something in the photos that I can "mimic".  So here I mimicked the zipline!  I used the Labeler Alphabet set and a piece of Solid Baker's Twine (Crushed Curry).  


Also, I added a stamped image of a leaf to the block.  I find that leaf rubber stamps are a perfect accent on pages with outdoor photos.  They complement the photos, without drawing attention away from the photos.  (The photos should be the main focus of your page, not your decorations!)  The leaf that I used is from a retired set, but there are several stamp sets that feature leaves in our current Annual Catalog (Vintage Leaves - p 125, Colorful Seasons - p 147, as well as many of the floral stamp sets). 

The photos on the "indoor page" did not turn out as well as I would have liked because most of the displays were behind glass.  But it was an important part of our visit to the museum, so I wanted to include those anyway. 

The paper from this collection with the little squares reminded me of ancient tiles, so I thought it would work well with these photos.  


I used the Labeler Alphabet set again.  This time I used it for just the first letter on my journaling blocks.  And here is another subtle use of repetition . . . the square shape on the alphabet stamps matches with the squares on the paper.  



Here is a way to add words to paper that has a "busy" design . . . just print them on blocks and cut them out.



So, here is a list of the tips that I used that you might find useful in creating your own scrapbook pages:

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP # 3 - - - Look for elements (colors, accents, etc) in your photos that you can repeat on your page.
(I use this tip on every scrapbook page.)

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP # 17 - - - Use leaf rubber stamps as accents on your outdoor pages.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP# 18 - - - Use an alphabet stamp to capitalize only the first letter of your journaling.

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP # 19 - - - Print the words of your journaling on a strip of paper and cut them out to use on "busy" background paper.


If you are ever travelling near Cincinnati, I recommend that you stop at the Creation Museum.  There is so much to see and do there.  We were there all day, and still didn't see everything.  Which means that we will be going back for another visit!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  All of the products that I mentioned can be found in the catalogs in the right sidebar.  If you have any questions, you can email me at godismydelight@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment