Thursday, October 12, 2017

Stamping In Black





I had been stamping cards for several years before I ever thought about using black cardstock.   As soon as I tried it, I liked how classic and clean it looked.  When I was recently stamping cards for Halloween, I decided to make some non-Halloween cards, using black cardstock as the base.  These cards I'm sharing today are the results!

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #16 - - - Use black cardstock, paired with a black inkpad for a simple, classic look on your cards.



For many of these cards, I used papers from the Whole Lot of Lovely collection. 
Image result for whole lot of lovely stampin up

On the card below & the one above, I stamped my greeting directly onto the paper.  Also, on this "Happy Birthday" card, I used my Wink of Stella glitter brush over the words, to match the black shimmer ribbon.  (The camera doesn't capture the subtle bit of glitter.)




This paper is my favorite one from this collection.



I like how the black cat (punched from the new Cat Punch in the Holiday Catalog) stands out against this background paper.



I love this paper from the Spooky Night paper collection!  


I have lots of black going on in this birthday card that I stamped for my friend Lisa.  I like the contrast of the pink against the black & white.

Another common "thread" in all of these cards, is that I used some sort of black trim in all of them.  The Black Vintage Crochet Trim is in the Holiday Catalog.  The Black Shimmer Ribbon and the Black Solid Baker's Twine can be found in the Annual Catalog.  

As you can see, black isn't just for Halloween!  If you haven't used much black in your stamping, give it a try.

1 comment: