Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Bright Idea


Our daylight in November is waning with each passing day and the weather where I live has been damp and dreary this whole week.  This weekend marks the end of Daylight Savings Time, as we set our clocks back one hour this Saturday night.   As we head into this time of year, I like to bring out candles, to help brighten up little corners of our home.  The little tealight candleholder on the right is a special item.  I have had it for over 32 years now.  It was a small little treat that I bought for myself during our first year of marriage and thought it added a nice touch of coziness to our tiny apartment.

The candle on the left is one that I crafted just a few days ago.  It is a flameless, LED candle that I simply decorated, using a new die set from Stampin' Up.  It is called Hometown Greetings and it is from the Holiday Catalog.  I bought it to use for Christmas cards, but I think it is perfectly suited to use on candles!

Image result for hometown greetings edgelits dies

Here is a smaller candle that I made.  I will probably keep this one out all winter.



I have a little seasonal shelf that I change every month and this morning I made the "thankful" candle to go on it.  I simply taped a strip of patterned paper (from the Painted Harvest collection) around the candle.  I added Copper Trim ribbon and then my oval label, with "thankful" stamped on it.  This took less than 5 minutes!  This is an easy idea that could be adapted for any holiday or other occasion.  And these candles are relatively inexpensive.  I bought the two small candles in a set for $2.76 at my local discount store.



SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #20 - Use your papercrafting supplies to decorate flameless LED candles.


Thanks for stopping here today.  I wish all of you bright & happy days this November!

No comments:

Post a Comment