Thursday, November 30, 2017

Books (and bookmarks) for Christmas



A few days ago, I was shopping for a Christmas book to send to my grandchildren in Oregon.  As soon as I saw this one, I knew it was the perfect one!  

Have you heard of the long-standing tradition in Iceland of giving books on Christmas eve?  Click here for a good article that explains it all.  I can't think of a nicer way to go to bed on Christmas eve!

Books are one of my favorite gifts, both to give or receive.  When I give a book, I often make a simple bookmark to accompany it.  These are quick to make, using the Scalloped Tag Topper punch from Stampin' Up and patterned paper.  (And yet another use for patterned paper!)  Here, I used designs from the Quilted Christmas paper & the Merry Little Christmas paper.



This is a perfect time of year for hand-made crafts . . . take a look through our catalogs for some inspiration!  


No comments:

Post a Comment