Thursday, June 22, 2017

Cards for July (with Wood Words)






Are you a card-sender?  I enjoy sending cards to many people on a regular basis and knowing that I am brightening up someone's day when my card is found in their mailbox!  Included on my list are:  my mom, my son & his family who live hundreds of miles away, my aunt who is in an Alzheimer's care facility, a man from our church who is in a nursing home, friends & family who are celebrating birthdays.  And I like to make extra cards to have on hand to send to people as thank-you notes or just to say "hello". 

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #2 --- Stamp a stack of cards each month to have ready to send.




Last Sunday afternoon I sat down at my desk with these supplies and made eight of the cards that are pictured above.  I usually try to make cards that go along with the particular month, as far as colors or themes.  Sometimes I make both masculine & feminine cards.      



Here is a closer look at the stamp set that I used.  Wood Words is a new set in this year's annual catalog.  I bought this set because of it's versatility and it's rustic charm.  In fact, I am planning to feature this set again next week here on the blog, on a scrapbook page.




Another item that I used was the blue gingham ribbon, another new item in this year's catalog.  This ribbon says "summer" to me and I know that I will be using it on many other cards.

If you haven't already subscribed, take a minute and fill in your name & email in the "follow by email" box on the right.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: