Thursday, August 10, 2017

Inspired By A Dress




Not long ago, my youngest grandaughter was wearing this cute dress.  It reminded me of a stamp set (called "Happy Birthday Gorgeous) that had been on my wish list for awhile.  Seeing her with that dress was the motivation I needed to go ahead and order it!

When the stamp set arrived, I kept thinking about that dress and wanted to make a card using the same colors.  I decided to create my own "background paper" by stamping the flowers all over a square piece of white cardstock. To make the background that pretty turquoise color, I simply sponged on some turquoise ink.  For embellishment, I added the ribbon and just a bit of a paper lace doily.  What I like about this card is how the scallopped edges of the roses are repeated in the doily and the label.  I also like the bright happy colors!

So today's stamping tip is:

SIMPLE STAMPING TIP #8:  Make your own background paper by stamping images all over a piece of cardstock.  Add subtle background color by lightly sponging  on ink in your desired color.

If you would like to try this simple technique, all of the supplies are in the Stampin' Up catalog.  You can browse through it by clicking on the catalog image in the sidebar.  Or if you would rather hold an actual catalog in your hands, email me (godismydelight@yahoo.com), and I will be happy to put one in mail to you!








2 comments:

  1. That card is beautiful!! You are an artist, Tammie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! Anyone can be an artist, if they have the supplies!

      Delete